Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Update - March 8, 2011 - Discussion with Apex Transportation Engineer

I talked to Russ Dalton, the Apex Transportation Engineer (nice guy).  He will mention our concern to the Police Department and solicit a traffic study of Pendula Path, but encouraged me to go ahead with the petition.  He stated that 70% to 75% of the residents need to sign the petition...right now we have just over 50% (18 of 35 households).  I will be making another round for signatures on Saturday, March 12...or if you have time before that, please call my cell at (919) 656-9885 and I can bring it by your house at our mutual convenience.

Russ stated that he guesstimated that IF speed humps were warranted, three humps total would be installed.  Total cost per hump is between $2500 and $3000 with the Home Owner's Association requiring to pay 10% of that cost.  I will be addressing this need and possble cost to the HOA on Thursday evening, March 10 and soliciting their approval of funds when we get that far.

I'll share more info as I get more info!

-Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment